Meet the team
Andrew McCall, Managing Director
- Andrew McCall was founding director of Inside Broadcast and also a founder of www.aka.tv, as its first Commercial Director
- As Managing Director of How and Why he played a pioneering role in establishing the business case for the operation and commercialisation of out-of-home TV networks in the UK and USA
- With Jo Johnson, he founded research consultancy ROI Team in 2006. ROI Team has established itself as a leader in understanding consumer behaviour, working in sectors including retail, property for retail, town and city planning, media, and health
- When not at work he enjoys singing tenor in choirs in Central London and trying to find winners at horse race courses around the UK. He is a non-Executive Director of Southwark Cathedral Enterprises
- Andrew McCall holds an MA degree in Classics from Oxford University.
Sebnem Uner, Projects Manager
- Postgraduate of Brunel University Business School with experience of marketing and PR for global brands such as P&G, 3M and Philips
- Most recently Sebnem worked as an account director in Leo Burnett’s Istanbul office
- Sebnem has achieved six international awards for marketing projects carried out for clients Experience of research in the UK includes projects on behalf of The Mall Corporation, the NHS, and Hillingdon Town Centre
- She is the chair of her university alumni and organizes charity events for raising funds in support of student scholarships.
Rhonda Senior, Research Associate
- Rhonda has extensive research experience on both sides of the Atlantic, having worked for brands such as American Express, Shell, Nokia, The Mall, Compass Group and CapitalOne
- Rhonda enjoys tackling all types of business issues through research, although she is particularly intrigued by what makes brands tick, and sees research as a means of facilitating a meaningful dialogue between consumers and brands
- Rhonda holds a BA in Mathematics and an MBA in Marketing
- Rhonda lives in Southwest London with her husband and two very spoiled cats
Dr Charles Dennis, Research Associate
- Dr Charles Dennis is a Senior Lecturer at Brunel University, London, and has become recognised as one of the leading proponents of understanding the rationale of shoppers’ behaviour
- His teaching and research focus is e-retail and consumer behaviour.
- Charles’s publications include Marketing the e-Business, the research-based e-Retailing and research monograph Objects of Desire: Consumer Behaviour in Shopping Centre Choice. His research into shopping styles has received extensive coverage in the popular media.
- Charles is a Chartered Marketer and has been elected as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing for work helping to modernise the teaching of the discipline.
- In his free time Charles enjoys walking in the countryside and messing around on boats in England’s waterways http://charlesdennis1.wordpress.com
Allison Hewlett, Research Associate
- Allison has been a research practitioner for over 20 years with both client side and agency experience.
- Allison worked for NOP for more than 15 years and was Deputy MD of the financial research department.
- She is a talented quantitative researcher and likes nothing better than solving challenging project design issues.
- Allison spreads her time between her homes in Hove and southern France where she has a little bolt hole.
Dr Joyce Tsoi, Research Associate
- Joyce is a Research Fellow at Brunel University, and an environmental and chemical engineer by background. She has vast experience of leading sustainability research and consultancy projects to multinationals in UK, US, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand and Vietnam.
- She has worked in the areas of energy, carbon footprinting, and climate change; corporate environmental governance; environmental and social compliance auditing; environmental health and safety management; stakeholder engagement and its impact analysis; and responsible supply-chain and waste management.
- Over a distinguished career, she has provided professional supply chain management training to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Mass Transit Railway Corporation (MTRC), Gammon Skanska, and Epson. She has also successfully managed the enhancement of sustainability standards for multinationals’ supply chains.
Kate Darlington, Research Associate
- Kate already lists the qualifications of BA and MBA (specialist pathway Marketing) against her name, and is currently undertaking a PhD in her free moments
- Her specialist preference interests include: brokering, consensus building, and creation of synergies. Her focus is on Local Authorities and, within that, the various constituencies including Retail
- Kate is a Visiting Researcher at Brunel University, where she is a member of the Centre for Research in Emotion Work and Employment Studies
- She is currently engaged on a number of projects within Brunel Business School and also with Local Authorities in the UK.
- She is a Research Associate of ROI Team, with particular responsibility for ROI’s regular informational bulletins